Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Best romance in Dragon Age 2?

First off I have NOT finished this game, I only got to the very beginning of act 3(I keep restarting!) I don't mean which person YOU like better, if that were the case I would choose Anders straight off! But which romance is best put together? Which has the most emotion? Which is more real and mostly likely to be like a real life romance? As I said I didn't finish the game and I really like Anders...but I hate how he's...getting odd(like the Justice quest!). Fenris was crazy from the start unlike Anders who is getting there, I didn't even understand his romance! Right after he just walked off it felt like the romance ended!(and I didn't choose the break up or asking if he was breaking up options) Fenris' romance seemed more real to me though(as far as I got anyways). And Also I kinda hate how with Anders he romances you! There is a point in time were you have to options, pretty much set yourself up to sleep with him or be mean and break his heart!(I never do in games what I wouldn't do in real life, and that's break someone heart, I just can't do it!) But when it gets to that option I fall for Anders again! Something about the whole, sweetheart and the fact that he'd go against what he is to protect my Hawke just made me melt! But i'm rambling now...alot like Merrill...so back on topic! Which romance is best?(based on the questions above) Male, female I don't care.|||There is no *perfect* relationship in DA2. Except possibly the friendship between Hawke/Aveline and Hawke/Varric. The romances are damaged, as are the love interests. I'll try to take it easy on the spoilers since you are only at the top of Act 3.





I lean towards Fenris, even when playing a M!Hawke. I'm female and generally play female when given the choice, but my favorite DA2 Hero so far has been Male Sarcasm Mage Hawke.





Anders, oddly, tell you everything you need to know about him by Act 2. Most of it he actually tells you by the end of Act 1. He took in a Fade spirit, and it backfired. He has no idea if there are two people in him - one a healer, and the other a violent vengeance demon. He increasingly cannot tell the difference between Justice wanting something and him wanting something and in the end can't tell where one begins or the other ends. He becomes, in short, bug-shagging crazy. I honestly stuck it out with Anders because a) I side with the mages against the cruelty of most of the Templars and b) who he was in Awakenings, and I have some hope that he and Justice can be separated (DLC? DA3?) as Connor was from his desire demon in the Redcliffe quest arc in DAO.





Merrill, I think is also in the same boat as Anders, but on a smaller scale, and not as self-aware of the problem. She will not alter her opinion until the Keeper is proven right. She's a sweet funny character, and it's hard to hate her even when you want to throttle her.





Fenris, if you can put aside his immense hatred of anything mage, is a better romance. He's even enjoyable as a rival-mance, even if you are a mage. Though you can interpret some of his lines differently, if that's the case. At the end of the confrontation with Hadriana, he says bitterly, "What has magic touched that it has not spoiled?" Mage Hawke just looks at him speechless, apparently stung by the remark, and Fenris realizing what that sounded like, looks remorseful for having said it, but storms off anyway. His party banter is extremely bitter stuff - an escaped slave, he's perfectly happy with the idea of enslaving others just because they are mages. Anders may be crazy, but he's a fairly bitter hypocrite.





Anders loses out to Fenris as the best romance for the same reason I wanted to kill Isabela at the end of Act 2. Isabela and Anders are prepared to get what they want at tremendous cost, and their actions will endanger the entire city.|||well i like the scene between bella and hawke , i always us a female charcater btw in da games it makes a nice twist , merills was ok havent tried with any of the guys , being im a guy plays alot in to not romancing the guy lol|||I like Fenris best. You really see him open up and grow as a person. You are able to get back together in act 3, it's very touching to hear him apologize. I would suggest doing a playthrough romancing him on the friendship path.





With Anders all you can do is sit back and watch him destroy himself. I don't even really believe that he loved Hawke. His cause was always more important. I think he just used Hawke as an escape. With Fenris at least you feel he's really devoted in the end.





I also like Merril, she's just too cute even if she does do very stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment